The information published on this web site was valid at the time of publication. Grand County reserves the right to make changes and improvements at any time and without notice, and assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies. Any complaints will be made in writing and given to the Jail administration.
After being booked, each prisoner will be allowed a reasonable number of telephone calls, if requested. Each prisoner will be allowed to use the telephone in his/her Tier, anytime, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. All telephone calls out of the Jail Sections are collect calls and are subject to recording and monitoring.
Approved Bail Bond Companies can be located at: http://www.insurance.utah.gov/producers/bailbond_licensees.html
7th District Court (435-259-1350) and Justice Court (435-259-1334) will take Credit Card Bail/Bond Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The jail cannot take credit card Bail/Bond
Grand County Justice Court WEBSITE can take bail and citation payments.
Bonds are to be done at the North Door, use 100 North Street entrance.
Visiting Hours and Rules
Each inmate will fill out a visiting list of FIVE people. The list will be filled out once a month; the visiting list can be changed with new names 30 days after the last one is made out. All visitors on list must have their picture ID each time they visit and will have wants/warrants/probation/parole run.
Visitation will be permitted on the following days and between the following times:
Thursdays: Females -5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sundays: Females- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Thursdays: Non-Committed Men -6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sundays: Non-Committed Men – 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Thursdays: Committed Men -7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Sundays: Committed Men- 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Visitation is conducted in the lobby on the west side of the courthouse.
- Visitors should use the 100 East Street entrance and must present photo identification.
- Visitors are required to be appropriately dressed, not under the influence of any drugs or alcohol.
- 15 minutes per Inmate.
- Visitation may be denied at any time for abuse, or at the discretion of the Jail Deputy.
- Visitors with charges pending against them or on probation or parole will not be allowed to visit any inmate.
- Sunday is the only day persons under the age of 18 may visit and must be accompanied by a the parent or legal guardian.
- An inmate who is sentenced to periodic imprisonment (24 to 72 hours) or that gets out of jail for work release are not approved for visits.
- Items, including money, may NOT be dropped off during visiting.
- Families/Friends that live farther than 100 miles away can request, through the inmate, an extended visit.
Allowed Items that may be dropped off
If it’s not on the list it MUST go through the Mail
- Money Orders
- Cashier Checks
- New in the package: (3)WHITE underwear, (3) pair WHITE Socks, (3) WHITE T-shirts, WHITE (3) Thermals
- Legal Paperwork (concerning case incarcerated for)
All Packages must be preapproved. Inmate must fill out request form or package will not be accepted.
Inmate mail should be addressed:
C/O Grand County Jail
125 East Center Street
Moab, Utah 84532
Grand County Jail uses Securus Technology phone system. Inmates have access to phones from 7:00am to 22:00pm. Those trying to make bail can call out 24/7.
NO incoming calls will be accepted, we do not deliver messages unless it is an family emergency.
If you are not receiving a call from an inmate you may need to set up an account with Securus- https://www.securustech.net/
You can check the rates also at https://securustech.net/call-rate-calculator